Why exercise matters?
Everyone has heard that ‘exercise is good for you’, but do you know exactly why?
· We’ve all heard that ‘exercise is good for you’, but do you know exactly why?
Firstly, physical activity reduces the risk of heart disease, stroke and high blood pressure. It also helps to manage a good weight balance and reduce cholesterol levels and the risk of obesity.
But it does much more than this. An active lifestyle also improves your health by:
· Improving psychological health
· Reducing levels of stress: physical activity is as key for the head, as it is for the heart
· Improving blood circulation
· Giving you more energy
· Improving your sleep
· Protecting you against chronic illness and other diseases.
Physical activity can also contribute to building self-esteem and confidence and can provide a vehicle for social integration.